Wednesday 23 November 2011

do i need a new blog?

A genuine question, and one I can't quite make my mind up about. I do have another blog (indeed, a whole other online life) and that's why I blog here anonymously. I do love having this place, where I can write about things that have nothing to do with work, things that matter personally.

But I can't escape from the fact that this blog began as something about the wedding. The name of it limits it slightly in that. There is now so much else I want to write about, but 'cakes and bunting' doesn't really cover it. But then I've built up a whole community of friends with this blog. Do I need to change it? It would seem natural to cover the wedding and then move onto a new place. But is this necessary, helpful?

Thoughts?

3 comments:

  1. What L said - could you do this and keep it moving? And the wedding being over hasn't dimmed your interest in cake has it? Or bunting?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think stick with this one. I don't really see 'the brand name' as being what the blog is about, more who the person is, you know? SO to me, 'Cakes and Bunting' is you, and not necessarily what you write about.

    ReplyDelete